Use of your Personal Information
Your personal information is used for four primary purposes:
- To make the site easier for you to use by not making you enter your personal information more than once.
- To help you quickly find information on IT Lasso software and contributed modules.
- To help us create and deliver content most relevant to you.
- To alert you to product upgrades, special offers, updated information and other new services from IT Lasso.
Sometimes we contract with other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering customer questions about products or services, sending postal mail and processing event registration. We only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are not allowed to use your information for any other purpose. IT Lasso will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on IT Lasso; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of IT Lasso, and (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of IT Lasso customers, visitors to IT Lasso’s Web site, or the public.
Control of your Personal Information
When you register or give us personal information, IT Lasso will not share that information with third parties without your permission, other than for the limited exceptions already listed. Your information is only to be used for the purposes stated above. IT Lasso may send out periodic e-mails to tell you of technical/security issues if you requested the update. You can unsubscribe to these mailings.
Access to your Personal Information
IT Lasso will ensure that you can keep your personal information correct and current. You may review and update this information at any time upon request. You can:
- View and edit personal information you have already given us
- Subscribe or unsubscribe to IT Lasso email newsletters
- Change your preferences
Security of your Personal Information
IT Lasso strictly protects the security of your personal information and honors your choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained above. Inside the company, data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access. You also have a significant role in protecting your information. No one can see or edit your personal information without knowing your User ID and Password, so do not share these with others.
IT Lasso collects aggregated site-visitation statistics using cookies. When someone visits the site, a cookie is placed on the visitor’s machine (if the cookie is accepted) or the cookie is read if the visitor has visited the site previously. If your browser does not accept cookies from IT Lasso’s Web site, you will need to re-enter your personal information each time.
Acceptable Use Policy for Forums and Blogs
IT Lasso forums are open and dynamic – changing in real-time. Therefore, it is not possible for us to vouch for the validity of all content posted. IT Lasso is not responsible for any messages posted or the consequences of following any advice offered within Forum posts. The views expressed in the posts you will find in these forums belong solely to their respective authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of IT Lasso. If you find any Forum posts be offensive or objectionable, please contact us via email to the address offered as a contact for the Forums in question. If we determine that removal of a post or posts is necessary, we will make reasonable efforts to do so in a timely manner.
By using these Forums, you agree to the following:
- By posting messages, uploading files, inputting data, or engaging in any other form of communication through this service (collectively "the content"), you are granting IT Lasso, its successors and assignees, a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, adapt, transmit, publicly perform or display any such content on the site to which it was contributed (or successor site). In plain English, you allow us to continue to display your contributions to the site. We won't do anything else with them, however.
- If you contribute any graphic images or photographs, you accept all liability for any model or property release issues that may arise from an individual or trademarked property in the content. Please do not submit any images or photographs if you don't have permission to do so.
- You must not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.
- You must not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner.
- You must not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.
- You must not use profanity in our forums and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually-oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.
- You will respect other people's right to personal privacy and will not post any other person's identifying information (including their names, contact information, and any other relevant information) within the forum.
- You will not use these forums to violate any laws nor to discuss illegal activities.
- You must not impersonate any person or entity, forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any posting, nor collect or store personal data about other users.
- You will not post any copyrighted material, nor link to any copyrighted material (with the exception of publicly available sites and pages that the legal owners of the copyrights have created to make that material freely available to the general public), unless that copyright is owned by you or by these Forums.
- You will not use these Forums for the purposes of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, "cracks," or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer hardware, software, networks, or any other systems.
- You will not post advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations, all of which are inappropriate and prohibited in the Forums. You will not, furthermore, collect personal information about forum members for the purpose of sending them any such advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations through other means (email, messaging programs, etc.).
- You will not post messages that are clearly outside of the stated topic of any Forums nor disrupt a forum by deliberately posting repeated irrelevant messages or copies of identical messages (also known as "flooding").
- You will not attempt to access any protected sections of the sites or Forums, nor make use of any hacks, cracks, bug exploits, etc. to bypass or modify the features of the forum software at any IT Lasso, Inc. site.
- You will, if asked by a representative of the Forums, cease posting any content, and/or links to content, deemed offensive, objectionable, or in poor taste by the staff of the Forums.
You remain solely responsible for anything found within your posts and agree to indemnify and hold IT Lasso and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, ---
IT Lasso Forums also reserve the right to disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on IT Lasso, protect and defend the rights or property of IT Lasso's network of sites, or visitors to IT Lasso, identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties, and cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.
Changes to this Statement
IT Lasso will occasionally update this privacy statement. When we do, we will also revise the "last updated" date at the bottom of the privacy statement.
Last updated January 30, 2021